Saturday, March 7, 2009

What Type Of Richness Do You Want?


Can we really sleep soundly like the cat as shown in the photo if we were to be filty rich in terms of wealth?

My simple-minded view is that if we were to be filthy rich, our mind will always be living in the shadow of FEAR! Fear of being kidnapped, fear of death, fear of losing all the wealth, fear of our shareholders cheating us, fear of family members treating us like their "ATM (automated teller machine)", fear of bodyguard betray us and............ . I do not mean that poor people do not have fear! Please do not get me wrong. I am also not suggesting that we should live in the state of poverty. What I am suggesting is : we should define what type of richness we want?


Some people may like richness in terms of materialistic life and some may like richness in terms of spiritual aspect! As for me personally, I hope to balance up both aspects!


There is no wrong or right answer here. It is choice of each individual! We just have to bear in mind that whatever we want, we have to "pay" for it! There is no free lunch in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment