Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Thoughts", "Words" And "Action" !


" May I be free from enmity
free from ill-will and un-trouble
may I keep myself happily
may I keep myself happily ...................

May all my neighbours be free from enmity
free from ill-will and un-trouble
may they keep themselves happily
may they keep themselves happily................

May all beings be free from enmity
free from ill-will and un-trouble
may they keep themselves happily
may they keep themselves happily! "

I heard someone reciting this wonderful verses this morning. I believe if all of us were to recite this verses SINCERELY and MINDFULLY ( that is with full concentration and the awareness of what you are reciting ) every day, the world will be a much better place for us to stay!

Well, I believe some people may be asking why the above verses start from " May I be free from ..... " and not from " May we be free from...... "? I believe this is a very good and valid question! Some school of thought think that this is rather selfish! However, there are also some school of thought think that we should practise : "It Begins With Me! ".

Anyway, I believe the main focus here is not on whether the verses should start from " May I be free from ...... " or " May we be free from........ ". The main focus should be on whether the person who is reciting the verses is really sincere and mindful about what he or she is reciting!

A good question for reflection : " How many of us really align our thoughts and our actions ? "

No comments:

Post a Comment