Sunday, November 29, 2009

The " Idealistic " Mindset!


Many people think that when they have enough money, then they will only have time to sit down and enjoy life with their children. Do you agree with this type of assumption?

As for me personally, I do not agree with the above statement! Based on the above statement, the very first question that comes to my mind is : " How much is enough? ". As we are all aware, the level of "enough" is not the same for everyone! I have seen many friends when they are in financial difficulties, they told me they just need a little bit of financial assistance then they will be very happy! However, when financial assistance had been provided for them, their desire of getting more become very intense! Their unhappiness re-appear and they put themselves back into a miserable life! I really do not know why some people like to jump into the " cycle of suffering ". From one type of suffering jumps into another type of suffering! I believe our non mindfulness of watching our mind can really create a lot of miseries for ourselves!

I have come across many hawkers and laborers who are not earning " big " money but they are leading a happy life with their family. They know how much is enough for them and they know how to lead their life based on their steady inflow of income! In fact, one of my relatives, who is a roadside hawker, has "produced" two doctors and one engineer in the family. I have also come across a client who is a millionaire but he is not happy all the time. He is unhappy because he still can't get his desired first billion ringgit! For this client of mine, he is already 65 years old.

So, can we wait till we have enough money then only enjoy life together with the family?

The answer is in your hand!







3 comments:

  1. Yep I agree with you. What or how much more is enough? Well I have seen people who can't even make ends meet but are still happy lots. Well money is not everything. There are lots of stuff that I do with my kids that don't cost a cent and is still fun and happy.

    Merry Christmas and A very Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your great sharing. I appreciate it very much.

    Merry Christmas and A very Happy New Year to you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sathira
    Thank you so much for the wonderful Christmas card, it made my day!
    Happy Holidays
    Sara

    ReplyDelete