Saturday, January 22, 2011

The "Happiness" Mindset



Below are the excerpts from a heart touching article which I received from a friend recently :
"Bai Fang Li, died 93 years old, lived in poverty. Yet he donated an aggregate sum of RMB350,000 to universities and schools in Tianjin to help 300 poor students in need."
For almost 20 years, he paddled his tricycle earning yuan by yuan to save up for his donations.
"It's alright I suffer,"he said, "but let the poor kids go to school".
90 years old, he arranged his last saving of RMB 500 neatly in a box and handed to Yao Hua school, saying, "I cannot paddle anymore. I am not able to donate anymore. This shall be my last .......". All the teachers and student in the school wept.
I believe not many of us will do the same thing as Mr. Bai Fang Li did! Anyway, I believe even live in poverty, the beloved Mr Bai was happy all the times!
I belive happiness will arise in our heart when we can define our own level of contentment and are not scare of others measuring our success and our wealth. Happiness does not come from external factor. It is in ourself!
Anyone disagree? Please share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment